First Step Cultivates Children and Families
First Step offers services to meet the needs of pregnant moms, infants, toddlers, and children ages three to 21 and their families in Clinton and Washington counties.
Families can be confident they are receiving quality services. Community Link programs meet or exceed the United Way of Greater St. Louis Quality Standards for Agencies; CARF Standards, Parents-As-Teachers Quality Standards and Federal Head Start Standards.
Annually, First Step:
- works with over 200 families, 23 schools, and several child care centers to provide developmental and behavioral screenings;
- provides 5 different types of pediatric therapy services;
- hosts dental-hygiene clinics serving youngsters ages 2-12;
- facilitates inclusive playgroups and socializations for young children and their families;
- offers bilingual assistance;
- provides informational classes regarding innovative parenting strategies;
- improves school readiness; and
- links families to agencies that can provide crisis interventions, basic needs and health care.