1st Step Cultivates Children and Families
1st Step offers services to meet the needs of pregnant moms, infants, toddlers, and their families in Clinton and Washington counties of Illinois.
Families can be confident they are receiving quality services. Community Link programs meet or exceed the United Way of Greater St. Louis Quality Standards for Agencies; CARF Standards, Parents-As-Teachers Quality Standards and Federal Head Start Standards.
Annually, 1st Step:
- works with numerous families, all local schools, and several child care centers to provide developmental and behavioral screenings;
- hosts dental-hygiene clinics serving youngsters ages 0-18;
- facilitates inclusive playgroups and socializations for young children and their families;
- offers bilingual assistance;
- provides informational trainings regarding innovative parenting strategies and topics relevant to families enrolled;
- improves school readiness; and
- links families to agencies that can provide crisis interventions, basic needs and health care.